We Understand New York’s Regulations
New York requires limited liability companies (LLCs and PLLCs), limited partnerships (LPs) and limited liability partnerships (LLPs) to publish information about themselves when they are first established. These publishing requirements exist regardless of whether you are forming a domestic entity (a company formed in New York) or a foreign entity (a company from another state that is requesting authorization to conduct business in New York). The regulations surrounding these publications are contained in New York’s Limited Liability Company Laws and Partnership Laws.
TS Associates staff strictly adheres to the policies and guidelines for legal publishing as determined by the New York State Department of State (NYS DOS). Per NYS laws,
- “Publication must be done once a week for six successive weeks in two newspapers in the county in which the office of the limited liability entity is located.”
- “One newspaper must be “printed daily” and the other “printed weekly.” The newspapers must be designated by the County Clerk.”
- “Limited liability entities that are formed or authorized to do business in New York after June 1, 2006, which fail to comply with the publication requirements within 120 days after their formation or qualification may have their authority to carry on, conduct or transact any business suspended.”
– New York State Department of State website
Our pricing model is competitive and comprehensive. Our prices have no surprises and are all-inclusive (i.e., our quoted prices include all advertising costs, state filing fees and TS Associates’ service fees). Pricing varies by county due to publishing costs, but all prices include:
* Securing newspaper designations from the County Clerk.
* Preparing your legal notice according to NYS statutes.
* Running ads in both the daily and weekly papers and notifying you of the 6 week schedule.
* Obtaining affidavits from daily and weekly papers according to state requirements.
* Preparing and filing Certificate of Publication with Dept. of State.
* Forwarding to you the State Receipt as evidence the publishing requirement was completed.
Pricing for some of the highest volume counties is shown in the table below.
(*) An additional charge ($50-100) may apply if the entity has identified a Registered Agent.
Click here to obtain a price quote for any county not listed above.
Once we receive your filing documents, we will send you a Publishing Schedule containing County Clerk designations and publisher run dates in 1-2 weeks (depending upon the county). The entire process, from receiving your order to delivery of your Certificate of Publication Receipt, typically takes 10-12 weeks.
Our strong relationship with the Legal Department of the Secretary of State’s office ensures that we have first-hand insight into any proposed changes to the existing litigation. In addition, this relationship enables us to quickly and easily resolve any questions or discrepancies that may be encountered throughout the publication process, thereby minimizing the chance for rejection by the NYS DOS upon receipt of the Affidavits.
Need More Information?
For more details pertaining to the types of filings that require you to publish in New York State, please click here.